Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hunter x Hunter: Nen x Impact

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released 2024

A Hunter x Hunter fighting game from Eighting and Bushiroad Games.

Your opinion on the first gameplay trailer?

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By GTxForza

Dear anime fighting game fans in the Giant Bomb forums!

It's nearly about a week after its first gameplay trailer was shown and no one mentioned that on this forum site, so I would like to see you guys share your thoughts.

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

As someone who follows the FGC, I know that many of the pros are very excited. Mainly, because it's a VS. game with the same artwork and mechanics as Marvel VS. Capcom 3. So many of them are looking forward to it, not only for the game itself, but also for a possible MVC4 in the future if the game does well enough. So it will be at a lot of tournaments, and I'll get to watch how it is played at the highest levels.

As for me, personally? As a fan of the series, I also hope the game turns out to be good. And if it really does follow the MVC3 blueprint, it should be. With this, and a new Fatal Fury game coming out that is a sequel to Mark of the Wolves, the new golden era of fighting games will continue.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It looks awful

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I like the series and I'm glad to see an anime fighter that doesn't do the bad 3D fighter style that so many of them employ and just uses what looks like a fast 2D engine (seriously, does anyone like sloppy 3D arena fighters?)

That being said...

Ooof those graphics are bland. They're not even "bad" in the sense of being technically poor or sloppy or whatever, they're just incredibly bare bones. The backgrounds especially are horrible. "Rocky canyon." "Forest." Seriously? Street Fighter 2 had much more engaging backgrounds in the early 1990s. And the character graphics and attacks are equally bland.

Graphics aren't that important but part of what made Marvel Vs Capcom a hit was how flashy it was. That was actually a huge part of it. MVC but incredibly bland looking might work for the hardcore fighting community but is that enough to make this game commercially successful?

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#5 chaser324  Moderator

I applaud any anime game that isn't a low effort 3D arena fighter. It does look a bit bland graphically as has been noted, but I do still appreciate what they're going for with the MvC tag/assist mechanics.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.